Thank you Backlog Crusader for my first blog challenge!
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. If you could have a pet from any game you’ve played, what would it be?
I would love to have Dogmeat from the Fallout games. He is a faithful companion to have, even if he does block doorways.
2. What game unexpectedly surprised you or surpassed your expectations?
The 2015 Mad Max game. I asked for this game for Christmas that year because i loved the movies so much. What I didn’t know was that the game didn’t follow the movies, it was a standalone story. The gameplay was fun and refreshing, unlike any game I played previously. This game was definitely the underdog for that year.
3. What game would you like to see be made into a film?
This is probably a cliche answer but the Last of Us. I just Want other non gamers to experience one of the greatest games of all time.
4. What was your most meaningful relationship forged through video games?
Playing Minecraft after school with my friends almost everyday. We managed to go through 6 separate worlds in a year. To this day we all still talk about how much fun it was.
5. What do you think will be the next fad in video games? (Ex: Battle Royales right now, season passes, zombie games in the past, etc.)
I think the next craze is going to be realism. Recently, in Red Dead 2, the game had the player take care of your horse, bathe, remember to eat properly, and wear proper clothes according to the weather. These features all make red dead unique, and i think this trend is going to continue with upcoming games.
6. Of all the games you have played, what scene was the most memorable?
Beating the elite four in Pokemon SoulSilver. This was on a school night and my mom was pestering me to go to bed, but i argued that I can’t save and I need to beat this. When I eventually beat it the game told me that my adventure wasn’t over yet and i had to explore Kanto. My Ten year old brain literally exploded when i found out that i had another region to explore. I still hold this as my fondest Pokemon, and video game, memory.
7. What older or retro game most deserves a remaster or sequel?
I would love if Bethesda remastered Morrowind. I never got to play it growing up. And i know that the controls and the graphics didn’t age well. To have it running on Skyrims engine with the controls and graphics, while keeping the mechanics the same ( and not touching the quest mechanics). I think this would be a very popular, and well liked, remaster.
8. What game meant the most to you on a personal level and why?
If you have read my other posts you’ll know that my answer is going to be Life is Strange. This game helped me get through high school. It showed me that you I don’t need to be afraid of expressing my interests, and overall just being myself. The game also presented me with characters that I relate to on a personal. These characters were shown to not have a lot of friends, or trouble making friends. This was my main issue through high school, and still is to this day. For these reason, and more, this is my most personal game.
9. Who is your favorite voice actor/actress?
- Joel – The Last of Us
- Booker – Bioshock Infinte
- Delsin – Infamous Second Son
- Talion – Shadow of Mordor/War
10. If your favorite video game protagonist suddenly became a kitchen or cooking utensil, what would they be?
I don’t have one favorite protagonist. But for this I will choose Joel from the Last of Us. I would say he is a cast iron pan. A cast iron man is resilient to almost anything, has multiple uses, is seasoned through constant use, reliable, and is extremely hard to brake. These are all characteristics of Joel. Hard to kill, resilient, knows how to do multiple thing, and is a seasoned veteran of the post apocalypse.
11. How many more Final Fantasies do you think will be made before they finally reach the Final, FINAL Fantasy?
At least 20. Or maybe 25. Possibly 30. Could be 40. But honestly 50.
- Favorite companion in a game?
- First person, third person, top down, isometric, or sidescroller?
- First console? and what did you love about it.
- Favourite game series? why?
- Most hours put into a single game?
- What game world would you happily live in?
- What world would you hate to live in?
- Nintendo is always making inventive consoles. What crazy thing would you add to yours?
- What cancelled game would you revive?
- Most memorable game moment?
- What is your unpopular video game opinion?